When the forehead begins to slope downward with age, it can make your expression appear exhausted, sad, or angry — even when you feel just fine. Our Cleveland brow lift is a surgical procedure that addresses this issue.
What is a Brow Lift?
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift or forehead rejuvenation, is a procedure that elevates the eyebrows. There are numerous approaches to performing a brow lift, including direct brow lift, indirect brow lift, temporal brow lift, and endoscopic brow lift. All of these methods are designed to meet the same goal; address sagging tissue in the forehead and elevate the eyebrows to a more aesthetically pleasing position.
Depending on the specific issues of the patient, a brow lift procedure may entail moving the brow into a more appealing position or simply smoothing out fine lines that have manifested on the forehead. Lowering of the eyebrow is a common condition that patients experience as they get older, resulting in puffiness around the upper eye region. By lifting the brow, unwanted fullness around the upper eye is reduced, restoring a youthful appearance.
What a Brow Lift Can Do
- Raises the brow line
- Tightens excess forehead skin
- Reduces the appearance of crow’s feet
- Smooths horizontal forehead lines
- Softens vertical “11” lines between the brows
- Improves the appearance of a furrowed brow
- Elevates the brows into a youthful position
- Provides a friendlier, more attractive appearance
Depending on the type of procedure that is being performed, a brow lift at Cleveland's Frankel Facial Plastic Surgery will take about 1-2 hours, and patients go home the same day. Also depending on the type of brow lift, either local or deep twilight anesthesia may be used. There are several approaches to performing a brow lift. These can include:
- Direct Brow Lift: Dr. Frankel makes an incision above the brows, through which he removes a small amount of fat and muscle.
- Indirect Brow Lift: Dr. Frankel hides an incision within the natural crease of the forehead, through which he removes fat and excess skin.
- Temporal Brow Lift: Dr. Frankel makes incisions at the temples to lift the outer portion of the brows.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: Dr. Frankel makes hidden incisions behind the hairline so that a tiny camera can be inserted, which helps him perform the surgery.
Why Choose a Brow Lift?
When forehead wrinkles begin to appear (often as early as our 20s!), it’s only a matter of time before gravity causes the eyebrows to start sagging, creating a tired, aged appearance.
Our Cleveland brow lift (forehead lift) is performed to help restore the forehead by elevating the eyebrows to refresh the eyes and eyelids, smooth out the deep “11” furrows between the eyes, and help improve forehead wrinkles.
Recovery from a brow lift takes about 1-2 weeks. To help with swelling, we recommend resting the first few days following surgery. Every patient is different, and discomfort will vary from person to person. Some have bruising, swelling, nausea, a headache, numbness, and nausea during recovery. Sutures are typically removed in 5-10 days, and exercise may be resumed in approximately one month.
Early results from our brow lift in Beachwood can be seen at about three weeks, and these results will continue to progress over the next weeks and months. Results are finalized in about four months. Furrows or lines that are a sign of age and stress can be reversed for a more well-rested appearance. Patients who undergo a brow lift often get feedback that they look less tired, more refreshed, and brighter.
for a Brow Lift
Whether you're in Cleveland, Mayfield Heights or Beachwood, brow lifts at Frankel Facial Plastic Surgery are known to be some of the best as they're performed by a double board-certified plastic surgeon. If you're considering a brow lift or forehead lift, the best patients for the procedure are:
- Are unhappy with their aging forehead
- Are bothered about their expression constantly looking sad, angry, or tired
- Dislike their horizontal forehead creases
- Are non-smokers in good general health
- Do not have uncontrolled high blood pressure, diabetes, bleeding, or blood clotting disorders
- Have realistic expectations for what a brow lift can do
Dr. Frankel: Your Brow Lift Surgeon
As the premier center for facial plastic surgery in Cleveland, Frankel Facial Plastic Surgery is a patient-centered cosmetic practice. Our goal is to achieve the very best results for each and every one of our patients. We offer concierge-type service that makes patients feel heard and understood. We know it takes courage to contact a plastic surgeon, and we do our best to make patients feel as comfortable as possible during every point of the process. Dr. Frankel is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon whose and extensive training specifically in facial plastic surgery allows him to deliver consistent and exceptional results. His goal is never to make patients look like someone else — only a better version of themselves.Learn More abour Dr. Frankel